If you work with metal on a regular basis, you know how difficult it can be to find a jigsaw that can handle cutting through it. That’s why it’s important to find the best jigsaw for cutting metal. With so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. But don’t worry, we’ve done the research for you and have compiled a list of the top jigsaws for cutting metal.
The problem with cutting metal using a jigsaw is that it’s not easy to find the right one that can handle the job. Most jigsaws are designed for cutting wood, and using them on metal can result in damaged blades or even breakage of the jigsaw itself.
Agitating this issue, cutting metal is a tricky task that requires precise and powerful tools. Choosing the wrong jigsaw not only will lead to a poor cut but also can cause severe injuries. Hence, it is essential to do thorough research before purchasing a jigsaw for cutting metal.
The best jigsaw for cutting metal should have a powerful motor, preferably with variable speed control allowing for slower cuts. Also, it should have a sturdy blade designed specifically for metal cutting, and a comfortable grip to allow for better control. With these features, cutting metal with a jigsaw becomes more manageable and safer.
The Best Jigsaw For Cutting Metal on the Market Right Now
Discover the top jigsaws for cutting metal with precision and ease. Our expert picks will help you find the right tool for your metal cutting needs.
1. Dewalt Dw331K 6.5 Amp Top Handle Jig-Saw
The DEWALT DW331K 6.5 Amp Top Handle Jig-Saw is an extremely durable and powerful tool equipped with various features to make cutting metal easier and more efficient. This product is versatile, as it can cut through all types of materials, including wood, metal, and plastics. With its compelling features, it is clear to see why this tool stands out above the rest.
DEWALT DW331K 6.5 Amp Top Handle Jig-Saw is a powerful tool equipped with a variable speed control system, which allows you to adjust the speed of the saw to match the material you’re working on. The speed control system is perfect for cutting through metal, as the sawing process is much slower than it is for wood. Its steel shoe helps protect the saw from damage and extends the life of the blade. The dust blower feature clears the line of cut, providing a clear view of the work surface.
– Keyless blade change system for easy blade change without the need for tools.
– Dust blower to keep the line of cut clear
– Orbital action for faster speed and smoother cuts
– All-metal gear case for extended durability
– Powerful and durable
– Versatile tool that can be used for a variety of cutting applications
– Speed control system for efficient cutting on different materials
– Keyless blade change for quick and easy blade replacement
– The all-metal gear case protects the tool from wear and tear
– Orbital action for more aggressive and precise cuts
– Heavy and bulky compared to other jigsaws
– The position of the speed control may be awkward for some users
In summary, the DEWALT DW331K 6.5 Amp Top Handle Jig-Saw is a top-of-the-line saw that is versatile and durable, making it an excellent choice for cutting through metals. Its variable speed control system, steel shoe, dust blower, and all-metal gear case make this saw stand out from the rest. Although it may be heavier than some other jigsaws, the advantages make it worth the weight. Overall, this is an excellent tool for professionals and DIY enthusiasts alike.
2. Bosch Js470E Corded Jigsaw
Looking for a reliable jigsaw that provides precise cuts? Look no further than the Bosch JS470E Corded Jigsaw. With its powerful motor, ergonomic design, and versatile features, this jigsaw is a must-have for any DIY enthusiast or woodworking professional.
One of the standout features of this jigsaw is its 7.0-amp motor, which provides plenty of power for even the toughest cutting jobs. The motor is also designed for low vibration, which means you can use the tool for extended periods without experiencing fatigue or discomfort.
Another great feature of the Bosch JS470E is its four orbital-action settings, which allow you to adjust the blade stroke to suit different materials and cutting applications. Additionally, the jigsaw’s precision-machined plunging system ensures smooth and accurate cuts every time.
Other features of the Bosch JS470E include an adjustable dust blower, a tool-free blade-change system, and a variable speed dial, which lets you adjust the cutting speed to match your specific needs.
– Four orbital-action settings
– Precision-machined plunging system
– Adjustable dust blower
– Tool-free blade-change system
– Variable speed dial
– Powerful 7.0-amp motor
– Low vibration design
– Ergonomic handle for improved comfort and control
– Versatile cutting options with four orbital-action settings
– Quick and easy blade changes with the tool-free system
– Heavier than some other jigsaws on the market
– Some users may find the price point to be higher than other models
3. Makita 4329K 3.9 Amp Variable-Speed Top-Handle Jig-Saw
The Makita 4329K is a top-handle jig-saw that features a powerful 3.9-amp motor that can easily cut through a variety of materials. The variable-speed control allows you to adjust the speed of the blade to match the material you are working with, making it a versatile tool for any job. The ergonomically designed handle and lightweight construction make it easy to use for extended periods without causing fatigue. The 4329K is perfect for professionals and DIY enthusiasts alike.
- Three orbital settings plus straight cutting, giving you more versatility in different materials
- Tool-less blade change system allows for quick and easy blade changes without the need for additional tools
- Lock-on button for continuous operation
- Large trigger switch for easy operation
- Powerful motor and variable-speed control make it suitable for a wide range of applications
- Ergonomic design and lightweight construction make it comfortable to use for extended periods
- Tool-less blade change system allows for quick and easy blade changes
- The three orbital settings provide more versatility in different materials
- The included blade may not be suitable for all materials
- The corded design can limit mobility and versatility on job sites where power outlets are not readily available
4. Milwaukee M18 Fuel D-Handle Jigsaw
The Milwaukee M18 Fuel D-Handle Jigsaw is a versatile, high-performance cutting tool that provides precise and efficient cuts. Its ergonomic design and power-packed performance make it a top choice for experts and DIY enthusiasts alike.
- Brushless Motor: The tool uses a powerful and efficient brushless motor that delivers maximum cutting power and balance.
- 4-Position Orbital Cutting: The device features four positions of orbital cutting that allows for better control of the blade and enhances precision in making different cuts and styles.
- Redlink Plus Intelligence: The Redlink Plus intelligence ensures all the parts of the device work together to provide optimal cutting power with minimal wear and tear.
- Tool-Free Shoe Bevel: The device has a tool-free shoe bevel with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 30°, and 45°, that allows for quick and easy bevel changes.
- Ergonomic Design: The device comes with a D-handle grip that enhances balance and control for ease of use, reducing user fatigue.
- High-Performance Cutting: Its brushless motor, orbital cutting, and Redlink Plus Intelligence ensure precise and efficient cuts, making it perfect for both professional and personal cutting projects.
- Long Battery Life: The jigsaw is compatible with Milwaukee’s M18 battery system, providing longer runtime, ensuring consistent cutting power while reducing downtime.
- Easy Blade Changes: The device features a tool-free blade change for quick and easy blade changes reducing downtime and adding convenience.
- Expensive: Compared to other jigsaws in the market, the Milwaukee M18 Fuel D-Handle Jigsaw is pricey, but the powerful performance and durable design make it a valuable investment for those who require its capabilities.
- Overkill for Basic Projects: For basic cutting projects or home use, the Milwaukee M18 Fuel D-Handle Jigsaw might offer more than necessary, making it an unnecessary expense for basic requirements.
The Milwaukee M18 Fuel D-Handle Jigsaw is a game-changer in the cutting tool market. Its unique features, performance, and convenience set it apart from the rest. If you are looking for a reliable and high-performing cutting tool, the Milwaukee M18 Fuel D-Handle Jigsaw is a must-have.
5. Dewalt Dcs334B 20V Max Brushless Jigsaw
The DEWALT DCS334B 20V Max Brushless Jigsaw is a powerful tool for cutting wood, metal, and other materials. It is designed to be efficient, dependable, and easy to use. With a brushless motor, it delivers up to 3,200 strokes per minute, providing fast, precise cuts every time. It also has a four-position orbital action feature, which allows users to adjust the aggressiveness of the cuts for better efficiency.
This cordless jigsaw is part of the 20V MAX system, meaning it is compatible with all other DEWALT 20V MAX batteries and chargers. The ergonomics of this jigsaw are also remarkable, offering comfort and control during extended use.
- Brushless motor technology for a more efficient and durable tool
- Four-position orbital action feature for better control and precision
- Compatible with all DEWALT 20V MAX batteries and chargers
- Low vibration and comfortable grip for extended use
- Powerful and efficient cutting performance
- Easy blade changes with a tool-free lever
- Good battery life and fast charging time
- Comfortable grip and low vibration for extended use
- Some users report inconsistent performance on thick materials
- Blades tend to bend or break easily
- Not ideal for heavy-duty cutting or professional use
Overall, the DEWALT DCS334B 20V Max Brushless Jigsaw is an excellent tool for hobbyists, DIYers, and homeowners who want a reliable and powerful cutting tool at a reasonable price. Its unique features, such as the brushless motor technology and the four-position orbital action, make it stand out from other jigsaws on the market. While it might not be suitable for professional use or heavy-duty cutting, it is a great choice for most cutting tasks around the house.
Buying Guide for Best Jigsaw For Cutting Metal
“Discover the top jigsaws for cutting metal with our comprehensive buying guide. From power and precision to durability and versatility, we rank and review the best options on the market to help you make the right choice for your metal cutting needs.”
A jigsaw with a powerful motor is crucial when cutting metal because it requires greater force to cut through than most other materials like wood or plastic. In addition, metal can put a significant amount of strain on the jigsaw blades, and a powerful motor can help ensure the saw blades don’t snap or break while cutting.
Having a powerful motor in your jigsaw will also allow you to work quickly, without compromising the quality of your cuts or the durability of your saw blades. With a higher motor speed, you’ll be able to work through tough, thick metal pieces in a shorter amount of time, saving you effort and energy. Ultimately, investing in a jigsaw with a powerful motor will make your metal cutting tasks quicker, easier and safer.
Variable Speed Control
Variable speed control is essential when purchasing a jigsaw for cutting metal because it allows you to adjust the blade speed based on the thickness and hardness of the metal. If the blade speed is too high, it can cause the blade to overheat and wear out quickly, making it necessary to replace the blade more often than necessary. Additionally, if the blade speed is too low, it can cause the saw to bog down and become less effective at cutting through the metal, resulting in less precise cuts.
Another reason to look for variable speed control when purchasing a jigsaw for cutting metal is that it allows you to match the blade speed to the cutting speed. Different metals require different cutting speeds, and if the blade speed is too high or too low, it can cause the saw to skip, making it challenging to cut in a straight line. By having variable speed control, you can adjust the blade speed to match the cutting speed and achieve more precise cuts, making it easier to create intricate shapes and designs in metal.
Sturdy construction is of utmost importance when purchasing a jigsaw for cutting metal. The materials used and the overall design of the jigsaw should be able to withstand the heavy pressure and force that comes with cutting through metal. A flimsy jigsaw with weak parts may break or malfunction during use, leading to safety hazards and damage to the tool itself.
Investing in a jigsaw with sturdy construction also ensures that the tool will last longer and be more cost-effective in the long run. A well-built jigsaw can withstand frequent use and wear and tear without needing frequent repairs or replacements. Additionally, a sturdy jigsaw can provide more accuracy and precision when cutting metal, leading to a cleaner and more efficient end result.
Orbital settings are important to look for when purchasing a jigsaw for cutting metal because they allow for faster and smoother cuts. The oscillating motion created by the orbital setting helps to remove material more efficiently, especially when cutting thicker metals. Additionally, the orbital setting reduces the amount of heat generated during the cutting process, which can help prevent damage to both the jigsaw blade and the metal being cut. Overall, having access to orbital settings can greatly increase the efficiency and accuracy of metal cutting with a jigsaw.
Large Blade Capacity
Large blade capacity is important when purchasing a jigsaw for cutting metal because it allows for thicker pieces of metal to be cut with ease. A larger blade can also handle more intricate cuts with better precision, giving you a cleaner and more accurate cut every time. It also ensures that the blades last longer and don’t wear out as quickly, thus saving you money in the long run on replacement blades.
Additionally, a larger blade capacity ensures better control and stability when cutting more substantial pieces of metal. The larger, heavier blade is less likely to flex or bend, increasing the safety of the operator. This added control provides a better cut quality with smooth edges and minimal distortion while also reducing the risk of injury to the user. In summary, choosing a jigsaw with a large blade capacity is crucial for anyone doing serious metal cutting as it guarantees better cut quality, safety, accuracy, and cost-effectiveness.
When purchasing a jigsaw for cutting metal, it is crucial to look for durable blades. Metal can be tough and abrasive, which can quickly wear out low-quality blades, resulting in frequent blade replacements and increased downtime for the tool. Durable blades made from high-speed steel or carbide-tipped materials can withstand the rigors of metal cutting, ensuring long-lasting use and reducing the need for constant blade changes. Additionally, a durable blade can provide cleaner and smoother cuts, reducing the risk of jagged edges and rough finishes. Therefore, investing in a jigsaw with durable blades can save time and money in the long run while delivering optimal performance.
Dust Collection System
Firstly, cutting metal with a jigsaw produces a large amount of fine dust and debris. Without a proper dust collection system, this dust can accumulate in the workspace and pose serious health hazards. Inhaling metal dust can lead to respiratory problems and long-term health issues. By investing in a dust collection system, you can significantly reduce the amount of airborne debris and create a safer working environment.
Secondly, using a jigsaw to cut metal without a dust collection system can also affect the precision and accuracy of the cut. The accumulation of dust on the blade can cause it to become dull and reduce its effectiveness. A dust collection system helps to keep the blade clean and maintain its sharpness, resulting in a cleaner cut and a more efficient workflow. Overall, a dust collection system is a valuable investment for anyone using a jigsaw to cut metal, both for safety and performance reasons.
A comfortable grip is essential when purchasing a jigsaw for cutting metal. Metal cutting requires longer cutting times and can create more fatigue in your hands and arms. The jigsaw’s handle should fit comfortably in your hand to help reduce fatigue and provide better control.
A comfortable grip also helps ensure accuracy when cutting metal. Precision is important when dealing with metal as even the slightest mistake can lead to significant consequences. Having a comfortable grip on the jigsaw can help reduce errors while cutting, enabling you to create straighter cuts and produce better results.
Can I cut metal with a jigsaw?
Yes, you can cut metal with a jigsaw as long as you use a blade designed for cutting metal.
What kind of metal can you cut with a jigsaw?
A jigsaw can cut through a variety of metals including aluminum, brass, copper, and steel.
What tool is best for cutting metal?
A plasma cutter or an angle grinder with a cutting wheel are both great tools for cutting metal.
Should you jigsaw metal fast or slow?
It is generally recommended to jigsaw metal at a slow speed to maintain precision and prevent damage to the metal.
In conclusion, the DEWALT DW331K 6.5 Amp Top Handle Jig-Saw is the best jigsaw for cutting metal. Its powerful motor and ergonomic design make it the top choice for professionals and DIY enthusiasts alike. However, the Bosch JS470E Corded Jigsaw is a close contender and offers great features for metal cutting as well. Ultimately, it’s important to consider factors such as speed, blade type, and overall durability when selecting the best jigsaw for cutting metal to ensure you get the most out of your investment. Whether you’re working on a small project or tackling a larger job, investing in a quality jigsaw will make all the difference in achieving the best results.